Friday, August 5, 2011

{new home}

If you follow us on Twitter, you'll know that this past weekend we bought a house!

It's a beautiful 1890 Wood & Iron house set deep into the hills of Glenwood.  2 bedrooms, wooden floors, high ceilings, a wrap around verandah (my favourite part), a music recording studio and a working fireplace in the kitchen.  It literally is - the house of our dreams.

Funny thing is, we weren't even in the market for a house - we were quite happy in our little flat in Morningside.  But I saw the ad on a blog I haven't visited in ages, bugged boyfriend to go and look at it with me until he relented on Saturday morning, fell in love with it, brought my folks to see it on Sunday morning, made an offer Sunday night, Monday morning: it was accepted!

Signed the offer the other night and took these pics - cant wait til we move in Nov!




The Kitchen:




The Verandah (she's leaving the piano for us!):








I imagine our summer will be filled with loads of family, a Christmas braai, sipping G&T's on our new (but very old!) wrap around verandah.  And in winter, cooking stews in our cosy kitchen with a fire burning away.


First on my shopping list: a pair of Wellington boots so that I can traipse around in my new garden, planting herbs and veggies!


xoxo,
Pippa

6 comments:

  1. WOOOOOW! :) that house looks incredibly beautiful! I know you're going to make it so pretty, it's going to look straight out of all the interior home blogs!

    what is this house blog you found it on, and is there one in joburg?

    congrats again! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow its tooooo beautiful - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW. That is one gorgeous dream house! I hope you will be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the prettiest house ever!
    Congratulations!
    You are going to be so happy there, it just vibes of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH! So this is le house! It's a beaut. Congrats to you and Bevan on your epic new purchase! Im sure you will have a blast decorating this girl x

    ReplyDelete