Tuesday, July 26, 2011

{goals}


My dad sent me this email the other day which got me thinking.  Here's what it said:

Why set Goals?

Harvard Business School researchers have taken a vital interest in what makes the difference in success or failure for people of similar backgrounds and educational standards. 

Their studies find that 3% of people are successful, 30% are moderately successful and 67% just exist. The significant difference for the 3% who are successful is that they have written down, specific goals. The 30% who are moderately successful have a general idea of where they are going but don't have any goals formalised. The rest are happy to watch the world go by.

What is interesting is that people in the 30% category only need to put in a small effort to jump into the next group. The secret behind the effort is 'the development of habits and strategies which support the achievement of clear goals'.


I'd like to think that I'm part of the 30%, relatively successful but missing that last step to eternal bliss - would love to get to the 3% that is really successful.  Just need to sit down and write out my goals.  I know what they are, but somehow putting them on paper makes them real which freaks me out!  I'm one who loves putting things on my to do list just so I can tick them off.  I know my brain wont let me rest until all my goals have been achieved.  


Pressure.

I suppose the biggest goal for me right now is to make The Thrift Collection into something really big - and important.  We're on our way there - making me giddy, happy, excited and nervous all at the same time.


What are your goals?


xoxo,
Pippa


Pic from my Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment