Monday, June 13, 2011

{ice cream sandwiches}





My mum lived in the States {Ohio to be exact} as an exchange student in high school back in the 70's.  She lived with an awesome family who showed her the ins and outs of being an American.  One of the things that they treasured the MOST was the delicious magnificent ice cream sandwich.  I have gone back to the States with my mom a couple of times, and a couple of times on my own or for work, and each time I go, I get myself a box of these little treasures and smash them in my face as quickly as I can.  They simply are divine.

We can get a version of these ice cream sandwiches here in SA, but of course they just aren't the same.  The ones in the US are made of a soft chocolately sandwich and a soft vanilla ice cream filling. 

So - I thought, why not make my own?  And then I found this recipe.  If you've ever tasted one of the guys, you'll rush out right now and buy the ingredients!  If you've never had the pleasure, well, go out and buy the ingredients and give it a try anyway...

xoxo,
Pippa

1 comment: