Wednesday, May 11, 2011

{sphinx}





The Sphinx kinda crept up on me when we were in the car with the tour guide.  There I was, minding my own business, excited from just having seen the pyramids, asking her when we were going to see the Sphinx, and she said "well, he's on your right!" and out the window I saw the statue: head of a man / body of a lion.  A statue built to guard the pyramids.  There is a temple at the base of the sphinx which we visited as well - but there are no tombs buried here.  


Each pyramid also has its own tomb and a collection of other, smaller pyramids next to them {for the wives and daughters}.  


Seeing the sphinx has got to be the highlight of the trip - what an iconic thing to see for yourself, with your own 2 eyes.


xoxo,
Pippa

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures. Egypt is amazing and you had lovely weather when you saw the Sphinx and Pyramids! It was cold and windy when we visited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I did my standard 5 project on Egypt and have always wanted to go there. Quite something to see with your own eyes as you say. But it makes me sad to see how it's crumbled - best make a plan to see it soon! x

    ReplyDelete