Monday, February 28, 2011

{gone with the wind}




Been reading Gone with the Wind since August - it's a chunk of a book but sooo incredibly good.  Why since August you ask?  Am I a slow reader?  Nope.  Do I struggle to understand the English used in the novel? Uh uh.  Am I busy person who gets side-tracked by Frankie Magazine & Spaces?  BINGO.  I have 100 pages left, and will hopefully finish it by the time we go to Morocco and Egypt on the 16th of April! 

I must admit, the only contemporary author that I really read is Marian Keyes - although Ive read every.single.one.of.her.books.  In general, I gravitate towards the classics: Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest, etc etc.  Our library here at home is packed with all the good old classics, and very few contemporary novels to be seen.

I went to the Kloof SPCA book shop a few months ago and bought up all of their classics (at R8 a pop, I felt that I was educating myself AND helping the animals).  So once Gone with the Wind is done, Ill have a library of stuff to choose from.  Exclusive Book's 101 books to read before you die is also helping guide my literary purchases.

Ive tried signing up for the library but they have a shopping list of requirements just to sign out a book.  After the 3rd time of returning with all the documentation I was told I needed only to be told I needed to bring in an additional piece of information / paper, I gave up and resorted to buying my books.  I suppose that isn't a bad thing because then I can take a long time to get through the novel - Gone with the Wind is a case in point!

xoxo,
Pippa

1 comment: